Tuesday, February 21, 2012

benefit for Nina


On Sunday the barn threw a benefit show for me and Nina.  The proceeds were unbelievable and Nina's board is paid for a couple of months.  One huge piece of stress lifted.
Lots of people got involved, the show was really a series of demos of different horse sports.  It was fun to watch, there was lots of good food and everyone seemed to have a fun time.  The weather was cloudy and cool but not bad at all. 
I knew that the show was planned about a week ago but I had no idea how many people were involved or how much support there would be.  It was fun and Nina is one less stresser right now.
The picture is a Western/Dressage demo by the barn manager and the dressage instructor.

5 comments:

  1. OMGosh! I didn't know things were that tight. I am so glad they did that for you guys!! I imagine all the hospital stuff has been a strain, too. Enjoy the reprieve!! I'm so happy for you!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I love stories like this, where friends and the community come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful thing to do for a friend! Makes me smile... really smile! You are, indeed, a lucky woman...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great bunch of horse people you have there! I hope things are on the upswing for you now, I just started following your blog with Nina recently because I'm a TB lover too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful! Now I understand better why you drive so far to board...good people make any barn better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...