Friday, February 10, 2012

attempting to salvage February

I am finally starting to feel human again so I am working out in preparation for an (EARLY!) spring and riding weather.  I am in exactly no hurry to get back on Nina in this weather.  First she needs her teeth done and I would like to be able to ride two days in a row.  
So, since I have not been fit enough to jump since before I got Nina, I have some catching up to do.  I am not going to start jumping her when I am working at keeping a good position on the flat.  It gives me something horse related to do while we survive the rest of winter. 

I taught a couple of lessons today, in the indoor.  It was 37 degrees when I arrived at the barn and 23 degrees when I left.  I wore heavy gloves and found a couple of numb fingers when I got in the car.  Have to rethink the gear, I thought I was well dressed for the cold. 
One of the lessons today was the little orange TB from Maryland, Fawkes.  He is going to be very fun, he is athletic and has a brain.  I like him.

Speaking of weather, the snow that we got a few days ago was supposed to be a light dusting and turned into 12 inches.  It is supposed to start again tonight and carry on til Saturday evening.  Another light dusting.  How does it snow for over 12 hours and end up with a light dusting?
I made sure I had enough coffee for the weekend.   I hope some of you have sunshine and dry ground.

2 comments:

  1. We're supposed to get a dumping tonight with a temp of -4 tomorrow and high winds. Oh, and I have a lesson on my mare and then two other rides OUTSIDEto look forward to. Enjoy your coffee, and be glad your weaher's 20 degrees warmer than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's some dusting! LOL! A dusting is an inch or under. Big miscalculation, I'd say, for the weathermen.
    Glad you're taking it slow and being good to yourself. I actually wish we'd get some of that snow! Send it up here. ;)
    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...