Nina's hind feet have been trying to fall apart this week. Might have something to do with standing in water one day and 99 degrees and dry the next. Anyway, they got so bad that I didn't ride this week, yesterday I didn't even take her out of her pen. Her feet looked like the ironworks stage of a skyscraper. I have no idea what was holding the shoes on, but I was afraid that if she pulled one off it would take some of the good hoof with it and if I took it off I might do more damage.
No worries. She got new shoes today and had grown so much foot this time that my farrier was able to cut a lot of the bad part off.
So now no clenching little feet to keep the shoes on and back to riding tomorrow. yay!