Thursday, January 12, 2012

a new path, a confidence builder.......

Before my client bought the little orange TB we talked a little about leasing this horse.  She did not think she would be interested in buying and waffled about leasing.  This is a big boy, over 17h and a very honest, confirmed 3ft hunter.  He has done a great season at 3'6" but he prefers 3ft.

I have known this horse for over 10 years.  His owner and I boarded at the same barn for several years.
He is available as a lease or purchase to the right person, right now he is out on pasture for the winter. 
I recommended him to a trainer I know and his owner asked me to call her.
She is a little undecided; sell, lease, retire.  We chatted a bit and I told her that I was thinking about him while I was in the hospital.

I have had so many bad experiences this last year that the thought of having a nice, uncomplicated, honest horse to ride, start jumping again, rebuild my own confidence on a horse that needs to be well ridden but is not difficult.  A horse that is fun.  She told me that she would love it if I would lease him, free lease, at my barn.  She trusts me, she knows I would enjoy him.

I have forgotten what it is like to canter down to a fence on a horse that is calm and relaxed and confident. 

A free lease would be board, shoes and small vet bills.  Right now I am struggling to find a way to just feed Nina, the dogs and me.
I think I need to recharge my batteries, spend a month getting back in good shape and find a way that the expenses of one more horse would not be impossible.   I think this sounds like a good idea, a fun idea, a way to get back into competition.  It would give Nina a breather, see how things go if we just mince along - meanwhile have a trained forward horse to ride.

This sounds almost impossible - but it cannot be.  I have already started letting the wheels grind away and see what I could come up with.
In his favor - I could school this horse cross country, which would be new for him AND I could use him as a lesson horse, with some careful sorting of clients.
I have to find a way to make this work.
Here he is, I think a couple of years ago.



9 comments:

  1. Handsome fellow! Sounds like just your ticket to rebuild confidence and have an awesome time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it... he sound perfect and you need some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like it'd be fantastic. Damn those finances for always getting in the way... two horses is a huge financial commitment. Is there a cheaper place to board Nina that has fewer facilities? He certainly is good looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Where there's a will there's a way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Amy. Where there's a will there's a way. You do need to regain your confidence and just enjoy yourself. I personally would love if it they boarded side by side so Nina could maybe learn by example--LOL!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi from Italy!
    I love the first pictures!
    keep in touch: www.iconadeironchi.blogspot.com
    fb: www.facebook.com/IconaDeiRonchi


    see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. He sounds perfect! As for money...I NEVER thought I could afford two horses...I could barely afford Gen...but some how by giving up some extras and cutting back in general I made it work. I hope you can figure out a way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great horse. When would this happen? Right now I am concentrating on paying off credit cards, then I need to get Pixie's hocks injected. After that, I would take lessons on this guy. I could use some time on a horse that is uncomplicated and sound, too. You never know, it could happen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's beautiful and he sounds like a gentleman. I hope it works out. If he's on pasture for the winter, maybe you both would be ready for each other in Spring. Hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...