Saturday, May 29, 2010

Another short ride

I taught a couple of lessons at a nearby barn this morning, went to lunch and then rode Nina for just a few minutes. She was better than yesterday. She is settling in. I really hate having her standing in a pen, so I am trying to walk her as much as possible. It doesn't make up for walking around a pasture, but it is better than nothing. She is only picking at her hay, cleaning up her beet pulp and oats. I think she is waiting for someone to come and turn her out on the grass. So the hay is not acceptable. But she is picking at it all day so it will be OK. I am going to continue the short daily rides, gradually extending them and working on her (unbalanced) canter. New pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...