Sunday, March 22, 2009

the move

I brought her to a boarding barn near where I live. I didn't see any reason to spend the money on a show/training barn until I found out what I had. I rented a large square pen with a large shed where she would not be within reach of other horses.
After many safety precautions - just in case - she unloaded quietly from the trailer and was turned out in a sand filled pen to stretch her legs and roll. She was starting to lose her winter coat and unbelievably had a little shine to her new hair. But even under a winter coat her bones were visible. She was pretty leery of us but overall had behaved better than I had expected.
And she was in her new home with a pile of hay in front of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...